Days before the wedding, I was quite panicking because I still don’t know my wedding gift to Mel and where our honeymoon will be. so I thought, why not combine the two? 😛 plus, it’s a chance to check another place in my bucket list (and he can’t anymore argue because it’s already booked and I had his boss’ approval on the VL haha). And and…Our getaway is weeks after our wedding, right in time for my birthday! another excuse to splurge a bit 😛
What I love about this trip:
- no itinerary – a great chance to unwind after all the wedding preparations. really peaceful!
- over-water bungalow – it’s really big, with own jacuzzi, glass window floor and pool over-looking the sea and steps that lead us right to the ocean where we can swim
What I don’t like: costly! 😛
- Tigerair, 3-hr flight to SG, lay-over in Singapore, 5-hour flight to Male.
- Singapore is 3 hours ahead of Maldives.
- Hotels booked via Agoda: Kaani Beach Hotel in Maafushi and Adaraan Prestige Vadhoo. Our other choices were Anantara Veli and Velassaru.
- There’s a limited schedule of ferries going to Maafushi and back to the city, check it before finalizing your itinerary/bookings.
- There’s a speedboat and seaplane being offered by the private resorts. Most of the times, they don’t allow other boats to dock in their resort.So make sure to contact them prior to the trip for the arrangements.
- Estimate total cost for 2pax: 200k php
Beach at the city already looks so good!
sights in Male while we were walking towards the ferry station to get from Male to the port:
Most of the islands in Maldives are owned by private luxurious resorts. Maafushi Island is the affordable, non-exclusive island. It is like small Boracay. However, there’s what they call ‘bikini beach’, the only area where tourists could be in bikini and swim.
On our way to transfer to Adaaran Prestige Vadhoo:
Overwater bungalow with mini pool and staircase leading us directly to the ocean:
Beach bumming at its best. We almost got the island all to ourselves! 🙂
We then transferred back to Maafushi for another night. This is where we rode ferry back to Male for our flight back home.
PHOTOS: Bright House Studio